Web designing is the process by which all the websites are designed. Designing deals with the formatting of the contents, documents, application and layout of the website. Designing is an important phase in development of the website. For assisting in this important task, nowadays a lot of tools are available in the market which makes designing easy and less time taking.
Tools for web designing
We will start with the most used tools for designing web sites. The most popular tools for designing a web site are as follows:
• Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop is a product of Adobe Systems Incorporated. It is a very popular graphic editing tool available in the current scenario. It not only allows to edit the already existing images but also it gives a lot of option for creating our own imagined pictures and figures also. It has all necessary features like brushes, action and scripting which allows adding various effects and features to your picture.
• Dreamweaver: Dreamweaver is originally a product of Macromedia and which is now developed by Adobe Systems. It is the most popular web designing tool for operating system Mac and Windows. It allows you to see the preview of your website in your local web servers. It also uses third party extensions so that the core functionality of the application. It edits file locally and then uploads them to remote web servers.
• Fireworks: Fireworks was originally created by Macromedia which was later acquired by Adobe Systems in 2005. It is a bitmap and vector graphic editor. It rapidly creates prototypes and application interfaces. The best quality about fireworks is that it easily integrates with other macromedia products like Dreamweaver, flash etc. It can be acquired as a stand alone application. It allows a great control with ease of usability. Some of the most utilized features of Fireworks are layers, special effects, ability to use Photoshop plug-ins etc. Another strong area of Fireworks lies in exporting of graphics for which earlier third party was required. Another most important point to be noticed is that while using fireworks for web designing all parts of the image are editable at any point of time, it gives allot of flexibility for editing and reworking.
• Panic Coda: Coda is a proprietary web designing and development tool developed for MAC OS developed by Panic. Coda offers itself as a complete environment for all-round web development. It has tools for coding, tools for designing and FTP and SSH tools to transfer from local host to live environment. In other words we can say that it is a complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The USP of Coda has been its inclusion of some kind of version control mechanism for the codes. Coda looks lovely, and feels like it is approachable by semi-pro web developers also unlike other web development and designing tools for which you are suppose to have in depth knowledge of the coding and language.
• Firebug: It is a free and open source web development and designing tool for Firefox web browser; it helps in HTML and CSS editing, analyzing java script and Document Object Model which quickly shows relationship of objects in a web page.